DurhamWorks partner Groundwork are running some fantastic new courses, teaching young people how to use technology and social media to improve their chances of getting a job or apprenticeship.
The 6 session DigiWorks course will teach you:
- What employers are looking for
- How to manage your online appearance and using social media to job search
- How to develop a Digital CV and Personal Statement to use in digital job searches.
- How to use ICT to find information on the Internet and how to job search efficiently.
- Practical skills which you can use in your work and how to build the confidence to promote yourself to employers.
- How to match your skills and experience with job and apprenticeship opportunities.
Courses start at 10am, but the start and finish time can be adjusted if to fit around school times if needed.
At the end of the course, you will receive an Online Basics ITQ qualification to add to your CV.
Where and when?
Courses are running at:
Groundwork NE & Cumbria, The Old Ticket Office, Burnhope Way, Peterlee, SR8 1NT
- From 22nd February to 5th April 2018
- From 27th February to 14th March 2018
Groundwork NE & Cumbria, Grosvenor House, 29 Market Place, Bishop Auckland, DL14 7NP
- From 2nd to 19th March 2018
- From 23rd March to 16th April 2018
Groundwork NE & Cumbria, William Robson House, Claypath, Durham, DH1 1SA
- From 19th March to 30th April 2018
- From 20th March to 10th April 2018
Find out more
If you’re 16-24, living in County Durham and not in education, employment or training, contact Emma Humphrey on 01388 743700 or email email@example.com to find out more.