DurhamWorks helps employers access the many rewards of employing young people.
Recruiting 16 to 24-year-olds can positively impact on everything from performance and productivity to growth, innovation and morale.
With DurhamWorks it's really simple too. Support and funding may be available to ensure you find the ideal person for your business.
Here are just a few reasons why hundreds of County Durham businesses are already taking advantage of the scheme:
Register your interest in employing young people through DurhamWorks
- Young people are eager to learn and can be shaped to meet your business needs
- They offer both a short and long-term answer to your skills demands
- They provide a fresh perspective and new ideas – which could unlock new opportunities or solve age-old problems within your organisation
- Their enthusiasm at work can be infectious. Studies show that young people can have a tangible effect on staff morale
- It’s a cost-effective solution to recruitment challenges. DurhamWorks can unlock up to £3,000 of funds towards the cost of taking on a young person
- Our expertise and support in the selection process ensures you’ll find the exact young talent you need to grow and succeed
- Training and mentoring ensures that your young employees continue to develop and become increasingly valuable to the business
- You could have a hand in transforming a young person’s life and giving them the chance they need to fulfil their potential.