Recent VacanciesView All Vacancies
DurhamWorks Programme for Schools
DurhamWorks Programme for Schools is a dedicated project for young people aged 15-16 years old, who need extra help when making decision about education, training and employment opportunities after year 11.
The project is funded by the European Social Fund as part of the investment priority 1.2: Sustainable Integration of Young People into the Labour Market. The programme will deliver until end December 2023.
We are a partnership programme between Durham County Council and Groundwork North East and Cumbria, working together to support young people and help them to create their future and support them to retain in education, employment or training until 18.
DurhamWorks Programme for Schools provides everything you need to get on including:
- One to One support with a dedicated member of our team;
- Group activities to help you think about your next steps in a fun and interactive way;
- School events that involve Business Ambassadors from local employers and organisations that can help answer your queries about working life.
We aim through all our support to ensure that we:
- Help you find out what you want to do.
- Explore the skills and qualifications, you need to progress
- Find the best next step to get you moving towards your aspirations
- Support you to get advice regarding support, financial matters or travel to your next placement
- Help you into further learning or training, volunteering, or work with training.
We are working closely with schools and other education providers in County Durham and you may be offered an opportunity to speak to a member of our team by phone, video call, text, email or face to face.
If you would like to refer yourself or a family member for support (aged 15-16) please contact us via:
Telephone: 03000 262 930
Or chat with an adviser on the DurhamWorks website