Durham County Council is looking to recruit 30+ apprentices across a wide range of occupations within the following areas:
- Waste Resource Operative
- Business Administration
- Human Resources Support
- Financial Management
- Degree Apprenticeships in Civil Engineering & Quantity Surveying.
There are a range of opportunities at Levels 2, 3 and Degree (Level 6) to work towards.
DurhamWorks Delivery Partner, Citizens Advice County Durham, will be holding online sessions to help DurhamWorks participants understand and successfully complete the Durham County Council Apprenticeship application process.
The training sessions will be a blend of both online one to one contact and Google Classroom taught sessions. They will support your application process and give you the best possible chance of gaining an apprenticeship with Durham County Council. They will focus on the following:
- Understanding how to successfully apply for an apprenticeship online - How do I apply?
- Developing my personal statement - It’s all about me
- Using STARR - Why you need me
- Check, check and check again
- Submitting my Application.
If you are successful in gaining an interview, the following interview preparation support will be offered:
- Research for Interview – what I will need to know
- Reading my application
- Being confident
- Typical Questions asked at interview – you to me, me to you.
- Using STARR
- Effective Interview Practices
- Mock Online Interview and constructive feedback.
If you are interested in the course and already on DurhamWorks, please get in touch with your adviser. If you would like to join this course and sign up to DurhamWorks, visit Contact us.